Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Week 13 (Delayed)

Friday; April 1st, 2011


So, while waiting for my patent on the domination of the planet, I decided that I should wait until the first of April to make this post so that everything would return to a monthly schedule (due to February kind of messing stuff up with its dumb, actual 4 week month. OTL). But anyway, it turns out I’m loving life lately; I have gotten quite a lot done and Project CAS is actually shaping up with gameplay. Granted, right now some things are definitely sub-par, but I’m very glad with some of the results I am getting and the systems I have been designing; more on that later though! In my personal life, I have been rather bored with school and making minor progress with parkour. It seems like my life revolves around what I want to do for a living; it’s a great feeling, but it turns out that I have a lot of spare time that I still haven’t dedicated to something. It’s more or less my lazing around and doing nothing time though. Man, I remember the days where I would just come home and immediately get to work on my games… How times change; I'm trying to get back into the habit though.

Project CAS - This week I got quite a bit done on CAS. Probably some of the most work on the engine I've gotten done in awhile. I've decided that working on only the art wasn't exactly making a game so I've decided to work on the engine again. In fact, I've actually created a small checklist that I'm going to print out with all of the engine basics and specifics that I want to get done. So far, it turns out I have a loooooot to do, but it all looks like it will be fun things to code and I have the basic ideas of how to do everything worked out in my head. This weekend I want to get some stuff coded out and maybe an few interior maps designed. I plan to design a small map where I can test out everything I need. :D Based on what I've designed on paper, I like where CAS is going as a game, but as we all know it's not what you design, it's what you make.

Acrophilia - We haven't been doing much filming honestly. On the parkour end of things, a few of us can backflip now (myself and Colin) and now we are working on things like the gainer and the webster. Sooner than later, I hope, we will have a lot of new stuff for our first decent parkour video. :D

But anyway, that's all for now. Expect greatness. Ryan Huggins~

No comments:

Post a Comment