Monday, January 17, 2011

Week 3

Monday; January 17th, 2011

Quite honestly, nothing has been done this week, and by nothing, I mean quite a little bit because I always get something done. This week, I have mostly spent my time doing such things as listening to video game music from other games to create a profile for a frame of reference for Jack (Nekomage) and outlining ideas for the actual gameplay of the game in a conceptual GDD. I wouldn't call it a wasted week, but with finals looming (tomorrow) I didn't manage to find time to work on actual content for Project CAS.

On the bright side however, I have a very clear idea of what I want to do for the introduction and many of the gameplay concepts are theoretically coming together nicely. As with all games however, the process is highly iterative and things more than likely will change as time goes on. The next couple of weeks will be rather simple on my brain and social life I would presume and with my mentality intact I will be spending progressively more and more time on this project. But now, for some actual news....

I will be conceptualizing more locations for the game this week, what these areas are however will remain a secret to even me until I figure it out. I will probably finish up the outline of the story and areas this month as well. Other than that, I have spoken with Jack and have decided that a WIP piece will be created within the next week or so. Hopefully that can be a mid-week update to offset all of the content I hope to update with next Monday. Usually, his music is conceptualized via .midi so that trend will more than likely be continued here. Do expect something amazing to listen to however! :D

So, what I am saying here is, anyone who watches/supports/stumbles upon this blog, check in next week for an update that will actually, well, update something. Continue to expect a tech demo in a few weeks as well! :) 


Total Time --> 1 hour

No comments:

Post a Comment