Monday, February 7, 2011

Week 6

Monday; February 7th, 2011 (Technically Tuesday)

[EDIT] So, I was sick yesterday, hence the one day late update, but I'm good enough to write a blog post now! Anyway, today marks the official beginning of Month 2 of Project CAS' development. Honestly though, not an incredible amount of new artistic creations or content has been created, but what I have been doing, is working on the storyline and plot. I actually plan to finish the plot outline tonight after I record some vocals for a "music" video at school. Regardless, the update today will be rather brief.

The story to CAS so far is rather involved as far as the platform genre goes and I have introduced a new character, Cactier. Cactier is the main antagonist of the game's plot, though he remains rather obscure for a fairly long period of time. I don't want to reveal many details (he and Lily have a specific type of bond with each other), but I will have some concept art of him, as well as of Aster, up within the next week or two. It is even more likely however, that I will have a preview of a non-natural location finished and uploaded soon.

Much of this week has been dedicated to my illness (a week-long headache) and because of that I haven't been able to focus on Project CAS all that hard. The story IS coming along beautifully and it should be outlined completely by tomorrow night, if not tonight. When the outline is done, I plan to write a nice teaser synopsis and maybe even make a short story based trailer with custom music from Jack Yeates. My plans for this week include...
  • Finishing the story outline 
  • Beginning the official typed GDD (soon to be on a wiki of some sort)
  • Buy/secure the official domain name for this blog/to be website
  • Complete one new location design (WIP)
  • Draw Cactier and Aster concepts
  • Code the basics of a combat engine and modify current movement engine to allow for more diverse collision checks
  • Sleep a lot...
Anyway, that's really all I have to say for today. Wish me luck with my busy schedule! Goodnight followers and random viewers. SUBSCRIBE! :D

Time Spent --> 3 hours

No comments:

Post a Comment