Monday, February 14, 2011

Week 7 (Valentine's Day)

Monday; February 14th, 2011


-Today's post will focus on the blog as opposed to the game itself-
So, let's begin with me stating how little I got done this week (based on what I wanted to get done), at least on a visual scale. Busy, busy, busy is all I can really say; my other school related projects have been sucking up my time, and with the temperature finally starting to increase I'll be spending far more time outside for the Action part of my CAS requirements. That said, soon the official domain for CAS will be purchased and this blog will cease being an exclusively game centric blog (hopefully that will boost up viewer appeal). My goals for this blog are to associate it with a Youtube channel for my school and non-school related videos, my deviantArt for artsy stuff, indie/commercial game articles (both original and links from other prominent (and not so prominent) game design blogs, and of course, Project CAS itself. Moreover, some of my other projects aren't getting enough love...so this blog will be soon focusing slightly on them as well.


I'm dedicating this week, and more than likely next week to finishing what I started so far on CAS (what I posted about last week), but then I'm taking a minor break to focus on promoting the blog and getting a steady base of new viewers and subscribers. Look forward to a plethora of new kinds of content updates including reviews of existing games (indie and commercial), analysis on films and video game content, and even videos written, filmed, and edited by yours truly!


Regardless, on a Project CAS note, I have completed the story outline and I am currently writing the script. It should be done within the next two weeks or so. After that I plan to draw/develop the flow charts for the game's gameplay flow and story direction; only then can I finally actually work on the playable version of the game. ANYWAY, expect greatness. Ryan Huggins~


[EDIT] Check out our Valentine's Day video btw. Top 7 of the day over at deviantArt. Circulate moar! http://browse.deviantart.com/film/?order=11#/d39lj7x !!


Time Spent --> 1 hour

No comments:

Post a Comment